Findlay Safety Town is requesting $300 to support its summer program that runs for four two week sessions. It teaches safety to children ages 4, 5, and 6 years old. They also have about 80 to 90 volunteers that help. Their goal is to protect and teach the children of our community ways to keep them safe and prevent accidents.
C & S is requesting approval of $300 to Findlay Safety Town to support their 2013 summer program.
1. FSL would be providing funds for a program that benefits Findlay area children.
2. FSL would be assisting an organization it has helped in the past.
Other Ballots – April 2013
The Future Planning Committee proposes a scheduled work day at the Humane Society Memory Garden on October 5, 2013 Sunday, September 22, 2013 (exact time TBD). For an estimated cost of $300.00, FSL would continue with the up keep on the Memory Garden that was established this past MADD project. Work would include – trimming bushes, planting mums & spring bulbs, addition of stone to the front of the building and continue work on the garden walkway.
The Humane Society is a local organization that does not receive funds from national organizations. The Humane Society relies on local contributions and fundraisers to keep in operation.
1. FSL would be supporting an organization that provides a much needed service to those in Hancock County.
2. FSL would be assisting an organization that does not have the financial strength or internal resources to properly care for the grounds.
3. This project would provide members with another opportunity to help meet their service goals for the year. This is not a required project.
Gift Card Purchases for 501(c)(3) Organizations.
Executive Board recommends that $200.00 be withdrawn from FSL’s C&S budget to purchase one (1) VISA gift card in the amount of $100.00 and presented to Findlay’s Women’s Resource Center and to purchase one (1) VISA gift card in the amount of $100.00 and presented to Findlay’s Human Society.
1. FSL would be supporting organizations that need funding, which in turn, help those in Hancock County.
2. FSL will be giving to organizations that were previously identified for carry-ins.
3. FSL will provide much needed assistance to two groups with significant need.