Hello to all my fellow FSL girls! I truly can’t believe how fast this summer has flown by. I hope you have all had a great summer and are excited to get this new year of FSL started! I am excited about all the great things this group can and will accomplish this year. I hope you all will come with a heart full of COMPASSION to serve, CARING for others, and PRIDE in what we do. What we accomplish every year is hard work at times, but to some of the people we help, it is their whole world. My hope for the year is we do everything whole heartedly and restore the PASSION
in ourselves, our group, and in our community!
While we were Away:
- Tracey Lawton’s son George graduated from Findlay High School and is moving on to BGSU.
- Nichole Callicutt ran her first half marathon with recent sustainer Natalie Stearns. They ran the Glass City Marathon in Toledo, Ohio.
- Tracey Lawton did her fist Spartan Race in Indiana alongside her family.
- Allie Scurria and her husband Brian are expecting their first child in December!
- Our dear friend and recent sustainer, Miranda Young, is moving to Mississippi. We will miss her dearly!
- On July 6th, 9 total members of FSL met at Alanna’s to house a Community Conversation conducted by Beverly Phillips of the United Way. It was a great night full of discussion, concern, and suggestions for our community and city.
Executive Board First Meeting:
The first Exec Board Meeting is fast approaching! It is Thursday, August 3rd at 6:30pm at the Wine Merchant. If you are a Committee Chair, you are expected to attend. If your Committee has any information for this first meeting, please email the information to Alanna so we can add it to the agenda for this meeting. Look for a follow up email from Alanna with the information about this meeting. Feel free to email or contact me as well with any questions you may have.
2017 – 2018 General Meeting Dates:
Please make sure to record the following General Meeting dates for the upcoming year. Remember, you must attend 50% of the meetings (that is 4 out of 8) to be in good standing as a member at the end of the year.
3rd Thursday of the Month
Location: Legend’s Steakhouse
Time: 7:00 p.m.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 17 – 7:00 P.M.
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 21 – 7:00 P.M.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 19 – 7:00 P.M.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 16 – 7:00 P.M.
NO MEETING in DECEMBER – Happy Holidays!
THURSDAY, JANUARY 18 – 7:00 P.M.
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 15 – 7:00 P.M.
THURSDAY, MARCH 15 – 7:00 P.M.
THURSDAY, APRIL 19 – LAST GENERAL MEETING – APRIL DINNER
Interested in becoming a member of Findlay Service League? Click here to fill in our application