The Findlay Service League annually awards a scholarship(s) to a graduating high school senior from a Hancock County School who has demonstrated service to the community by volunteering, practicing good citizenship and leading by example. It has been a FSL tradition to present the scholarship recipient(s) to the FSL membership at our May meeting.
The FSL scholarships are the Spirit of Volunteerism and the Patti Bash Memorial Scholarship. The Patti Bash Memorial Scholarship was recently created in the fall of 2011. Patti was a FSL member from 1983-1991. She was also involved in other organizations such as Coterie, Handbags that Help, Blanchard Valley Hospital Auxiliary, St. Michael School and Parish and St. Wendelin High School.
Please refer to the scholarship guidelines and application for eligibility requirements and how to apply.
- Student must be a graduating high school senior residing and attending school in Hancock County.
- One (1) scholarship application form should be completed per applicant.
- Findlay Service League’s Scholarship Committee will consider the following: Community Service, Application and Essay, Academic Achievement – Minimum GPA of 3.0 is required on a 4.0 Scale
- Financial need is not a consideration. The scholarship is for one year and is nonrenewable.
- The application must include a list of your volunteer activities, a one-page, typed, double-spaced essay describing the applicant’s volunteer experience(s), and a letter of recommendation.
- For confidentiality reasons, please do not include your name on the essay portion (only) of the application process.
- The selection and announcement of the recipient will take place in April 2018.
- The scholarship check will be mailed directly to the college or university that the applicant will attend in the Fall of 2018.
- Finalists may be interviewed by Findlay Service League’s Scholarship Committee.
- Scholarship application deadline: Wednesday March 14, 2018
If you wish to donate to the FSL Scholarship Fund please send donations to:
Findlay Service League
1951 West Sandusky Street
Findlay, Ohio 45840.
Please make your check payable to Findlay Service League and write in the memo line Scholarship Donation.
Findlay Service League is a 501 (c) 3 organization.